Thursday, October 05, 2006

a little of this and that

I'm having a couple of anti-people days in a row. Yesterday I was treated so poorly at Walmart that I've decided to join in on the boycott of said establishment. Today I've encountered two people who were rude in very shallow uncaring ways and I'm now questioning the goodness of people and feel the need to begin a few days of reclusion (is that a word?).

I am supposed to be sewing my yoga mat bag right now but mistakenly left the fabric I intend to use in my son's closest and he is napping. I wouldn't dare go in there and risk waking him so it'll have to wait until tomorrows' nap time. After writing this I do plan to go make some cornbread muffins because last time I made them Curtis (this picky eatter son of mine) loved them. If you want to know I plan to use this idea/pattern for the mat bag http://www.figandplum.com/archives/000016.html. I'll post about it when/if it gets done.

Right now I'm kind of on a Martha Stewart fix. I was given a couple of old Martha Stewart Living magazines recently and just can't get enough of them. That woman can throw a party. I would never attempt what she does but it is somehow satistfying to just read about it and enjoy all the fancy pictures. I don't have much of an opinion about her troubles and I have heard she is a control freak, but I don't really care as long as she keeps throwing these great parties and offering up these recipes for me to read and ogle and perhaps some day try. I was recommended this recipe http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe2210055 and as soon as I go shopping next week I will be trying it out. They sound like something I would love with the oatmeal and coconut and all. I'll let you know about these too.

So that's it here in the land of the dinosaurs. Definitely feeling prehistoric today after my anti-people feeling combined with my workout at the gym. I'm doing muscle building stuff like crazy and drinking protein shakes so I had better start gaining weight here soon. Also snuck a 15 min lay on the hydrotherapy bed which was good for these tired muscles of mine.

T

No comments: