Thursday, October 12, 2006
They're done! My first Martha recipe turned out good. They taste great in my opinion, but I love oatmeal cookies.
I'm sending a few to work with DH tomorrow because his manager always asks for my oatmeal macaroons when I make them so I figure maybe she'll like these too. Plus I got 2 dozen of them so I may as well share!
The recipe says it makes 2 1/2 dozen, but I did not measure the cupcakes out precisely so I got 2 dozen. It was just too hard to measure 2 1/2 tblsps of one batter and 1 1/2 tblsps of the other, so I eyed it. The only problem I had, if you can call it a problem, is that it took a while for my brown sugar to blend with the white sugar and butter. There were hard "rocks" of brown sugar that I had to mush on the side of the bowl with my spatula. No big deal though really. For a Martha recipe this was actually quite quick and easy for the most part. The only ingredient I couldn't find at Publix was wheat bran, but I didn't look super hard since a little boy I was with was really whiney at the time. I went to Economy Health this AM for yogurt (a whole other story) and picked some up there for super cheap.
All in all I am very happy about this and plan to do another Martha recipe next week. If you are a Martha fan and have a suggestion feel free to leave it in the comments.