Wednesday, November 08, 2006

word count madness

I just broke 16,000 words on my novel. My nanowrimo report card says I'm 33% finished and am on schedule to reach 50K words on novemeber 24th. I still haven't reached the big climax of my storyline and I guess that's a good thing since I still have 2/3 of the novel to write. I've been getting more detail oriented and actually came up with a great subplot today that I mapped out a little on scratch paper while in a spot of writer's block. Week 2 is much harder than week 1 was. I'm trying to take it a day at a time or I start worrying about how I'll write this much in only 30 days. I'm now afraid of what week 3 and 4 will be like. My morale is really high even with the slight writer's block today and I actually honestly feel like this might eventually be a publishable novel. I do think I use the words honestly and truthfully too much, so if anyone has any other ways to express this thought please let me know.

Oh yeah, in other news, my gym is closing down. Long story short they offer such cheap memberships that they can't afford to stay open anymore. They are honoring the rest of our contracts at Lifestyles Family Fitness so I went over there today to get a class schedule and check the place out. It's like night and day with my gym. Fancy equiptment with built in tvs with cable in them. The kids room is big with sections for each age group and video games for the older kids to play. The only downsides to the switch are as follows
1. My gym was all women and this one is not.
2. My gym has a hydrotherapy massage bed and this one dosen't.
3. After July when my contract is up I'll have to pay $7 more per month.
Honestly though this place is so much higer tech (if that's a word) and cleaner and nicer that I think I can over look those things and make it work.

T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about sincere, sincerely??
Holly

Taradactyl in a Modern World said...

Ohhh, that's a good one Holly. Thanks!