Wednesday, November 29, 2006

easy recipe


It's been a while since we had a food post so here goes. My friend Teri gave me this easy recipe about a year ago and I make it often. As you can see, even my picky eater son likes them. All you do is mix one can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) with one box of chocolate super moist cake mix (lots of time Publix has this on sale B1G1 and you can find lots of coupons for these too). Don't prepare the cake mix, just stir it up with the pumpkin. It will be thick and sticky. You can put it in a bundt pan but I usually put it in muffin cups and come out with anywhere from 10-12 "muffins". Bake it for about 30 minutes for muffins at the temp suggested on the cake mix box. They are more like a brownie really and you can only taste a hint of pumpkin. If I have cool whip or ice cream on hand I will sometimes serve them with that, but they are good just plain too. Teri told me they are a weight watchers recipe and if you look at the box and can you will see that they are basically fat free and full of beta carotene. Not exactly a health food but with my son I take what I can get now-a-days. Plus they are not only low in fat but they are super inexpensive. Since we get 10-12 I usually freeze half a batch and they come out of the freezer great.


T

No comments: