Thursday, March 30, 2006

sorry ahead of time for the negativity

Well, I am a long time member of a message board that has caused me nothing but problems lately. Partly the fact that I don't respect most of the members but also partly the fact that I became obsessed with the board. Well, I have something angry to say to some of the members but will no longer go on the board so I thought I'd say it here just so I can get it out of my head, KWIM? Anger is such a destructive emotion so I don't want to waste much time on it. The sooner I can get this out of my head the better.

Here goes...

#1 - Who the hell do you think you are? You come here with a three paragraph long diatribe about why inductions are great because your friends all had them and your perfect doc says they are good and you site info that is plain wrong and you expect me not to respond. You tell me to look in the mirror but maybe you need to (and I don't mean to check out how big your diamond ring is and whether or not you should sell the one your DH picked out because it wasn't good enough for you). You are a know-it-all and love to continue to remind everyone about your college education. We don't care. I think your lifestyle is materialistic and wasteful and I am very very happy that when I look in the mirror I see a woman who is nothing like you.

#2 - I am sorry that one of my comments upset you and I can totally see how it did. I apologized and feel badly. Otherwise I am sick of hearing about how you know what is right for everyone and how terrible everyone is to you. You are always about to move, or get terribly sick, or be put upon by someone. You are the drama queen here for sure and it gets old quick. You boss everyone around and since it seems that most of the members have little backbone and no convictions, this works for you. Maybe if there were any strong members you wouldn't post as much because you wouldn't get the aquiesence you want.

#3 - You come on every once in a while and every post has a dollar amount. I spent $500 on this. I spent $600 on that. Guess what my friend makes for a living? Get a grip girl. We all know you married a rich guy. Quit rubbing it in. If you can justify spending $500 on a pair of blue jeans when children are starving, bully for you.

#4 - The rest of you. Congrats on being the most boring group of wishywashy nonfeeling women I know. Glad you aren't bothering yourselves with thinking about those less fortunate or anything like that.

Ok, well I know it is all harsh and exaggerated and some a little mean but since this is my blog I can say whatever I want and be mean if I want. I am hoping this is a catharsis to help me to stop thinking about how I wanted to respond to these people but refuse to get dragged down into an argument with someone who I neither respect nor think is intelligent.

Yes, I can be friends with people I disagree with. I just can't be friends with people I don't respect.

Tara

No comments: