Tuesday, March 28, 2006

intolerant

I've come to the conculsion that I am intolerant of those with differing opinions than mine on certain topics. I want to be open minded and happy-go-lucky but the truth is I feel strongly about some things and can't sit by while people talk about these things. If I were to see what I thought was an injustice, what would it say about me if I just sat and let it go? Well, I am the same way about things that don't really involve justice. I think my life would probably be much easier if I could just chill out and be less convicted on such topics as childrearing, recycling, care of pets/animals, birth, medical care, war, abortion, patriotism, etc etc. I spend a lot of time feeling anger and bitterness after hearing/reading comments from what I consider ignorant people. Wouldn't my life be so much easier if I just didn't care what they thought (or if I stayed off the internet)?

T

No comments: