Saturday, January 23, 2010

January in Florida

You just never know what the weather will be like.

I remember this day in the beginning of the month, during the now famous Florida freeze of 2010, when my sons begged me to paint. I don't let them paint indoors, so this meant going into the freezing cold outside world, just to paint. I begged them to consider crayoning inside, but they were both stuck on painting on this day. How ridiculous do they look at bundled up out there with their paint brushes in hand? Here in Florida we aren't really prepared for weather below 50 degree F and this is the best I could do for winter clothing. It's just not worth buying heavy jackets if you're only going to need them for a couple weeks, you know what I mean?



And then of course the days move on and the weather gets warmer and warmer and the sun begins to shine again and I find myself outside with these same two boys, except this time they are begging me to play with the hose.



Let's just hope the real cold doesn't come back to Florida this year, or ever really.

No comments: