Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!



Most of the time a few weeks before my birthday I start to feel a little weird. I start thinking of all the things I have yet to accomplish. I start to feel guilty about the years I spent wasting my time in a lifestyle that didn't serve me well at all. I think of all the people that I know that have done so much more than I have in the past 34 years.

Well, this year I felt myself slipping down that path when I suddenly realized that I am actually in a really great place in my life right now. In this past year alone I have learned so much about myself and the life that I want to live. There have been mistakes along the way, but these were mistakes which taught me how to live my life more authentically and thus in a more joy filled way. So why not even celebrate my mistakes? It was a thought that had never occurred to me before, and yet it made so much sense and seemed so easy. Everything that happened to me over the past 365 days, good and bad, has created the person that I am now and is worth celebrating.

Actually over the past 2-3 years I have taken a giant leap in my life's education. I have learned how to have faith and how to believe and most importantly how to feel confident in myself. I have turned my focus towards gratitude and this act alone has changed my life in such a monumental way! And I do have so much to be grateful for.

So this year on my birthday I really celebrated. I celebrated this wonderful life that I have co-created with my husband. I celebrated the two wonderful sons that I have been blessed with. I celebrated the love and joy that my family shares on a daily basis. I celebrated the friends I made this year. I celebrated all the introspection and journaling and meditation I've done and the knowledge it has brought me. I even celebrated the loses along the way, because without them I wouldn't have gained the knowledge that I have now. I celebrated my intention for this new year to live a life full of only joy and easy relationships with those that I truly love. And here I am 2 days in and flying high with joy and love for my authentic self and the life I have been blessed with.

Life is so precious, focus on the blessings you have and fill your world with the things that bring joy!

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

I am so glad that you have reached this "place" in your life. You do have so much to be thankful for and so do we. Even though I sometimes forget and use your "old" last name instead of the "new" one, I am truly thankful that you and Curt found each other. I cannot imagine your life without him and the boys ... or them without you for that matter. Enjoy every new year!!! And glad you had a Happy 34th!