Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008 - part three

We tried to do a homemade Christmas this year. First off there were the cookies, then I bought some Christmas fabric with a coupon at Joanne's and made sacks for us to use as reusable gift bags. I also made fudge and some other handmade gifts that will have to wait until the next post. This post is about homemade gifts here in my nuclear family.

First up we have the beautiful potholder my son made for me with his 'Ammaw's' help. I love that he's finally getting into being crafty.



Here are the fingerless gloves I made for Curt so he can paint in the garage. They were cheaters since they are basically a wrist warmer, and who knows if it'll ever get cold here again, but it's the thought that counts...right?



Here is the surprise gift I got for Curt. When Curtis had his school pictures taken I got the photog to take this photo of me and the boys to give to him as a gift. It actually turned out pretty good.



Curt put together this photo frame retrospective for me. It starts with a photo of us on our trip out west before we got married and ends with the photo of the boys on Santa's lap from this year. So cool!



Here is the best gift I got this year. Curt painted this for me. He said it started as a picture of me and I really like it.



Next I finish this Christmas barrage of posts with some of the things I made for friends and family.

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

Your family is the epitome of the ultimate "homemade Christmas". Obviously you both had the same idea of doing family photos. The painting is very surreal. That husband of yours has some real talent!!!!! Funny photo of Curt with the fingerless glove on and shorts and flip-flops showing below. And you wouldn't be a "real" Mother if you didn't have a woven potholder made by one of your children! Curtis did a great job!