Friday, October 23, 2009

Stuck home with sick kids...

...well not anymore, thank God. Curtis went back to school today! He was so happy and I think Clark enjoyed a nice relaxing morning grocery shopping and bike riding with Mommy. Over the past 4 days being stuck home with a sick kid I found myself having to think outside of the box for things to keep them both happy while here at home. You see my boys, like their Mommy, don't really enjoy sitting around at home watching TV. We are just outdoorsy people I guess, and getting out and being active and social really do keep all three of us happy and fulfilled during the week. So, while the ethical side of me knew that keeping my germy children away from the other healthy kids out in the world was the right thing to do, it went against every fiber of my intuitive self. This is where the outside of the box thinking came in. I had to come up with projects and activities and fun for the boys for 4 days straight here together at home! It might not sound too hard, but if you've never parented 2 young boys then don't judge so quickly!




Here is a photo of one of our craft projects. I took a little time at one point to clean up my bedside table and ended up with a pile of old magazines. So Curtis and I took out our scissors while Clark napped one afternoon and went about the task of finding photos of things we like to make collages of. Can you tell which one is his and which is mine?




And here is a photo of Curtis' new craft obsession. I don't know what these things are called but I remember making them when I was young. He really gets into making random designs and is so excited for me to iron them solid. Can you tell which one I made?



And here is a shot of a project we all made together. I really think this turned out kind of cute. I don't know why it makes me feel warm and fussy inside to see this road and town as interpreted by a 1.5 and 4.5 year old. I helped draw a few trees that they colored in and then we raced cars around the track they designed together. Good times!



And finally, a photo of our old lady kitty Fani. I included this because I came to realize this week just how much she sleeps. As we ran about between art projects and back yard baseball games she hardly even looks up as we whiz by. I know she is 16, which is like over 100 in cat years, but I still find it pretty amazing how much this cat can sleep. I guess I'm not the sleep champion of the house after all. Maybe I'll have to go work on that right now...

No comments: