Sunday, October 04, 2009

Couples Get-A-Way

We decided when we got married that we would try to have a couples get-a-way each September around the time of our anniversary. Last year Clark was only 10 months old and still nursing so we had to skip it. The year before last I was 8 months preggo and while we did enjoy a few days on the gulf coast, I wasn't exactly the picture of comfort.

So, needless to say we were very excited to get away for two nights this year. We decided to go to the East coast this time so we could be within an hours drive in case the boys needed us for any reason. I didn't have a lot of luck getting a good recommendation for a hotel so we just drove over without any reservation figuring we would have good luck since it is off season right now. We ended up in Ormond Beach and found an affordable hotel that was nice and right on the beach.



We spent the majority of the time there sitting on the beach or splashing in the ocean. I really enjoyed the hours on the beach reading and writing uninterrupted. We also both had such a good time goofing off together in the waves. Add to that the fresh seafood dinners from a local spot recommended by the hotel clerk and you have two very happy people.



If you look closely you can see the moon in this one. What a joy to get to walk along the beach with my beloved under the beautiful moon.



This is the view I had for a good portion of the trip. I feel like the luckiest girl ever.



I highly recommend to every couple with children to plan a get-a-way every year. Even if just for two nights, the time both together and alone really replenished my soul and I came home ready to get back into the swing with my two boys. Of course the giant hugs I got when I walked in the door don't hurt either.

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

You already know that I think this "couples getaway" is the best idea for any married couple ...... especially those with children. However, please stop showing photos of the beach/ocean as it makes me drool. hehehe Glad you had a good and relaxing time. And I agree, make it longer next time if you can.