Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy Cake


This is a happy cake. I made it on Wednesday after I found out I had passed my 1 hour GTT. The relief this brought is unexplainable. I'm no longer high risk, I don't have to take the 3 hour fasting test, I don't have to see a perinatologist, I won't be pressured into induction if I go "overdue".....all of this plus the wonderful feeling that I've passed and I'm a success. So I made a cake and had a few slices this week and then gave the rest away. I mean I'm not going to go crazy here or anything but I did feel it was a scenerio which called for celebration.


On top of that I've won two drawings recently from that birth fair I went to 3 weeks ago. I won a photo session and cd with 15-25 shots on it from a local photographer and I won a $40 nursing bra and fitting from the hospital lactation consultant. Pretty cool.


Since getting deeper into the book Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline I've been notice a change in my difficulties with Curtis. He's still a volitile toddler, but I've learned to be less passive and more assertive with him and people in general. He's super cute and loving most of the time and I'm just going to focus on that more that the small amount of time we have difficulties.


So that's my update for now. Notice when things are going well I have less to say...


T

No comments: