Monday, December 06, 2010

Birthday time!

It's that time of year again...no I'm not talking about Christmas or Chanukah or Kwanzaa or any other holiday...I'm talking about my two sons birthdays! It isn't always easy having two boys with birthdays right smack in the middle of the holiday season (did I mention my husband's b'day is in January?), but we know how to focus on the positive in this family and have really enjoyed celebrating this year.

Since my boys birthdays are less than a month apart we have successfully thrown a joint party for the past two years in a row. Our party this year was held this past Saturday and I am so glad that the beautiful and mild weather held out for us. Tough times have called for a more scaled back party this year, but their closest friends and family came to celebrate and my boys were showered with tons of love and presents.

This year Curtis asked for a Lego themed cake and party. After watching many a tutorial online I decided to make two lego block cakes so each boy could have his own theme.

Here you can see the Spongebob themed Lego cake for Clark.



And here you can see the Star Wars Lego cake for Curtis.




And here they are blowing out the candles.




Tomorrow my first baby will turn 6 and I can't help but to feel nostalgic. I cannot wait to see what is in store for these two wonderful sons of mine in the future and I will love sharing every minute of it with them!

Happy Birthday Curtis and Clark!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Curtis! Seth sends the happiest of birthday wishes to his birthday buddy! I can't believe our boys are 6! Hope you have a very special day with your birthday boy :) Take Care, Staci