Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

This year the Fisher family certainly has a lot to be thankful for.

One of the main people on my gratitude list is a certain little 'just turned three-year-old'. He really is a little silly turkey most of the time and has been keeping me on my toes a lot lately!



If you know anything about me, you know I have a major sweet tooth, so these two delicious pies are certainly on the list too.



This year we started a new family tradition by making a 'Thankful Tree' after dinner this afternoon. I had planned to make a tree from a branch and pot filled with stones, but I never did get around to it with all of the holiday hoopla. Instead, each family member wrote a few things that they are thankful for on construction paper leaves and I arranged them into a pine-cone center-piece that I keep on my dining table.






There were a few interesting additions to the 'tree'. While I was pretty impressed that Curtis had God on one of his leaves, I was not surprised that both boys put the Wii on a leaf. I did enjoy using this thoughtful time together to bond as a family and will continue to try to instill the practice of active gratitude into my two boys.



I have seen first hand how drastically active gratitude can change a life, and while I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving I would also like to take this time to remind you to be mindful of your blessings all year round.

No comments: