Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day Crafting!

Curtis and Clark decided to make their father a craft for a father's day gift. I got the idea to make these rocks. I actually wanted to get one big rock and put their hand prints on it for the garden, but they only had these smaller rocks at the Home Depot and I didn't have enough time or energy to look elsewhere. The good news is that the manager at the Home Depot saw an opened bag of rocks and let me take two out of there for free instead of having to buy a whole bag.









As you can see the boys had fun painting and making a big mess. They went straight into the bath after this adventure and I spent a good 20 minutes cleaning up the porch. These photos show up pretty dark because while we were painting them there was a wicked storm ending outside.



And here is the final product. I did the lettering (obviously) but the rest was all their work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I love them, very nice!!!!
Belynda

Karen L. said...

Those are gifts that a proud father will keep forever! I am sure Curt loved them!!!!