Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More Holiday Fun

If you know me at all, you probably know that I am always on the look out for a bargain. This doesn't just hold true for groceries and clothes and such, it is also a fact for family fun. I try to keep abreast of the local activities going on around here in my city and the surrounding cities so we can have free or cheap fun each weekend together as a family. This was fortunate for me and the boys last weekend since my husband was out of town on business and I desperatley needed to keep these boys busy and happy. Lucky for us I had learned that our local Chik-Fil-A (right in front of my gym) was having a holiday celebration on Saturday morning.



As you can see my little boys got to meet both Santa and the Chik-Fil-A Cow and I got a free print of this photo and a photo frame. Clark hopped right up on Santa's lap but Curtis took a little coaxing and was only persuaded to stand next to Santa.



Then the boys got to make their own tree ornaments with supplies the restaurant provided. I was pretty amazed at Clark's ornament since he is much more into coloring than Curtis ever was at that age. I like the idea of having the boys make ornaments each year for our tree, but I don't always like doing crafts with my little short-attention-span offspring. So it was nice to knock this little bit of holiday tradition out in a fun and festive atmosphere instead of at home with a lonely and frustrated Mommy.



Santa gave the boys candy canes, which they both cherished, and he gave me many coupons for free kid's meals and milkshakes that I will happily use in the very near future (post workout milkshake anyone?)

I definitely recommend that anyone looking to keep a family happy on the weekends for little to no money search out local free and cheap activities. It seems like 2-3 weekends out of every month there is something fun going on around here, and on the off weekends there is always the farmer's market. I know my boys love running around and eating kettle corn while I shop for produce, and we all love supporting local farmers in the fresh outdoor air.

No comments: