Sunday, February 01, 2009

It gets cold here too!

I've been neglecting my blog again. January was not a good month for us, so I'll use that as my excuse. It was illness upon illness, both physical and mental. I had a mental breakdown twice this month, which may have been normal for me in the past, but not lately. I've been free from depression and anxiety for a while now so this snuck up on me and has me a bit shaken. It is mostly the fear of having to deal with mental illness all over again that keeps my shoulders up around my ears, which I know is funny. How can the fear of anxiety be your main source of anxiety? Well, I wish I could explain it. I also wish I could blame it on our weather, but Florida stays pretty sunny even in the cold, and yes we did get some cold here recently. I mean REAL cold.

Here's the proof. Yes, that is Luke Skywalker ice skating on our bird bath. For a lot of you Northerner's this means nothing, but to get a frozen 'pond' in Central Florida is nuts! I hate the cold so I'm sure that added to my misery.



So what do I do when I'm stuck inside feeling sad and cold? I bake! It really is cathartic and helps me a lot. Here are two oatmeal honey wheat loaves I made. Ahhhhh, processed sugar free comfort food!



And for the boys, well a nice warm bath with bubbles to make Santa beards with is always a good way to kill time inside on a cold day.



I'm hoping this current cold patch will be our last this year, but I am trying to use the Law of Attraction in my favor by focusing on the good in it all. For example, the giant pot of chili I have cooking away right now will probably taste much better now that we have some cold weather. I'm hoping to enjoy it with my family and some friends this afternoon during the Superbowl (the Eagles should be there, but that's another sad story for another day). I'll let you know how it turns out (the chilli I mean, not the Superbowl).

T

1 comment:

Heat said...

I'm sorry about the anxiety, and I empathize with how crappy depression is... Here's to a better February!

Can you share the recipe for the bread? Those loaves look fabulous!!